REFERENCE DESK / PÜPITRÂ REFERENCÉU
Information available here at the College:
- The Armorial. Technical descriptions (blazons) and pictures (emblazons) of every heraldic device registered in the Kingdom. Also, blazons of a great many non-Talossan arms, badges, and flags recognized by the Kingdom.
- Burk’s Peerage, the list of all persons holding titles of nobility granted by the Sovereign.
- The Flags of the Realm.
- The list of Restricted Charges, disallowed for use in Talossan heraldry.
- The Rules of Heraldry. an explanation, as clear as we can make it, of the rules of correct heraldry as used in the Kingdom of Talossa.
- Talossan Laws of Heraldry.
- How to obtain or register a Coat of Arms. [provisional]
- Getting started with designing your Coat of Arms.
- A Glossary of heraldic terms.
- Decisions and Precedents governing the practice of heraldry in Talossa. [coming soon]
- The Court of Chivalry. [coming soon]
- Scholarly work and publications of the College of Arms. [coming soon]
- The Staff and Duties of the College of Arms.
- Joining the College of Arms
WORLD REFERENCE DESK / PÜPITRÂ REFERENCÉU MONDIAL
Heraldic information and notable works available on other web sites. All links were valid at last edit. The Kingdom of Talossa is not responsible for content on these other sites.
- A Glossary of Terms Used In Heraldry
by James Parker (A.K.A. PARKER)
- Project Gutenberg’s The Handbook to English Heraldry
by Charles Boutell (A.K.A. BOUTELL), A. C. Fox-Davies, Ed.
- The Manual of Heraldry; Fifth Edition
Being a Concise Description of the Several Terms Used, and Containing a Dictionary of Every Designation in the Science
by Anonymous (A.K.A. FIFTH)
- A Display of Heraldrie
Being a complete transcription of the first edition (1610) of this work
by John Guillim (A.K.A. GUILLIM)
- Tempus Peregrinator’s Little Heraldry Book
TOPIC: HONOR, RANK, PRECEDENCE & PROTOCOL
- The Code of Honor, Or, Rules for the Government of Principals and Seconds in Duelling
by John Lyde Wilson(A.K.A. WILSON)
HUMOUR / ÞÜMOUR
Humourous bits as collected by the Fellows of the College of Arms:
- Heraldrydiculous by Khevron
- Tigger Heraldry by Seamas Mac Daibhid
- Haroldry for the Non-Harold by Ulrichlrich von dem Schweinestallchweinestall
- Khevron’s Heraldic Toast by Khevron
God Save Talossa! God Save the King!
College Home | Armorial | Burk’s Peerage | Royal Academy of Vexillology | The Royal Gazette | Laws of Heraldry | Rules of Heraldry | Obtaining Arms | Getting Started | Glossary | Restricted Charges | Non-Talossan Arms | Court of Chivalry | Scholarly Works | The Library | Staff | Join the College